Healthwatch Walsall is an independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the views of the public. Healthwatch will play a role at both national and local level and will make sure that the views of the public and people who use services are taken into account.
At a local level, Health watch Walsall will work to help people get the best out of the health and social care services in their area; whether it’s improving them today or helping to shape them for tomorrow. Local Healthwatch is all about local voices being able to influence the delivery and design of their services – not just people for who use them, but for anyone who might need them in the future.
What do we do?
Healthwatch Walsall will:
- Seek out people to discuss their local health and social care services
- Use what they say say to help decision makers improve the quality of local services
- Reflect the diversity of Walsall’s population, including children and young people
- Build on any example of good work that is being achieved
- Work in partnership with services – not in opposition
- Be represented on the Health and Wellbeing Board and ensure progress is achieved.
We will be:
We will listen to your views, concerns and suggestions about services and reflect that information to commissioners and providers to help shape and improve them.
We can provide information to help you make choices about the services you use.
A Signposting service
We can signpost you to services or refer you to someone who will support you in making a complaint