Ever wanted to speak up about health or social care services in Walsall but not sure how? Do you want to make a positive difference within your Local community Healthwatch Walsall can give you that opportunity.
Why volunteer with us
Volunteering is a great opportunity to give something back to the community or make a real difference to the people around them. For others it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge whilst also plugging in CV gaps.
Volunteering with Healthwatch Walsall will give you the opportunity to help your community. We are passionate about volunteering and there are lots of opportunities available with us. By volunteering, you will be using your skills, experience, talents and passion to make a positive difference to individuals, communities and your local Healthwatch.
If you volunteer with us, you’ll be well supported and will become part of a dedicated team of local people. There are lots of opportunities like:
- How to give helpful advice and information to people who are looking for help
- Helping people to get what they want out of health and social services, by understanding the choices they have
- Holding the people who run services to account, by asking thoughtful questions
- Understanding how to influence people in power
- Learning how to collect and analyse information about how services help people.
- Learn how to produce the kind of evidence that is influential and makes a difference
- Helping people to document their experiences of using health and social care services in Walsall.
What volunteers do
Our Volunteers do lots of things. We are currently interested in finding volunteers to help us:
- Deliver dedicated consultation projects by working alongside members of the Healthwatch team
- Help give out information about local services
- Visit health and care services and conduct assessment activities
- Meet local people and raise awareness of the Healthwatch service by working alongside the Engagement team
- Participate in community events
- Test areas of concern through mystery shopping
Volunteering should be flexible and fit in around other things that are important to you. Healthwatch Walsall is looking for volunteers from all walks of life, experience is not necessary as the Healthwatch Walsall team will support you in your volunteering journey.
How to apply
If you are interested in volunteering with us we would love to hear from you, whatever your experience! For more information on volunteer opportunities, read below or for an informal discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact us form.
Please note that due to the nature of some of the volunteer roles and the fact that you may be working or come in to contact with vulnerable people, you may be required to undertake the Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS).